You Are Here: Home > Products & Services > Personal Banking > Deposit > Account Opening Witnessed by Chinese branches

Account Opening Witnessed by Chinese Branches


The ICBC (USA) Witness Account Opening Program is the service that you can apply the ICBC (USA) account via witness by ICBC China Branches. Through this service, you can establish an account relationship with THE BANK, apply for debit card and check book that are associated with this account, access to internet banking and wire transfer service even before you arrive at U.S. You can self-register online banking via and manage your account from there. We also provide both English and Chinese service, it is very convenient.
1. You can wire your funds in once account us opened, avoiding carry much cash for easy and safe travelling.
2. No international wire transfer fees when you wire your money via ICBC China Mobile app.
3. Language and culture barrier free service. You can be provided services in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese at any branch of THE BANK.

Applicable Customers:
An individual customer who has already obtained the U.S. visa, aiming at studying or working in USA.

Qualification of applicant:
The applicant should be 18 years old or above could apply for opening ICBC (USA) checking account. Applicants must apply and submit application in person.

How to apply:

Download Witness Account Opening Application

1.Please click to download the witness account opening application and print when you complete the form.
2.Please contact designated ICBC China Branches or call 24/7 ICBC China customer service hotline 95588 for inquiry or make an appointment for the business accordingly. Please make sure you bring below documents for account opening and avoid any back and forth.
- Valid passport with US visa
- Valid Chinese ID
- Offer Letter(Student only)
- I-20 Form(Student only)
- Provide any of the documents, such as Student ID、School Registration Confirmation、Payment Receipt or any official documents issued by the school

In addition, please be noted:
● If your current address is different from the one presented on Chinese ID, you should provide the proof of residency (Bank Statement within 90 days, Electronic bill, or phone bill, etc.)
● We require a proof of U.S. address upon your arrival to USA prior to mailing debt card or checkbook to verified address. Address proof could be utility bills or lease agreement.