1.WHO WE ARE
Your Global Partner, Your Reliable Bank
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (“ICBC”), listed on both SSE and SEHK, is the largest bank in the world by total assets [ SNL data, as of 2014.]. It has its presence in six continents, and its overseas network has expanded to more than 40 countries and regions. For several times, ICBC was ranked in the first place of the largest public enterprise in the world among the Global 2000 listed by the US magazine Forbes.
The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (USA) NA (“ICBC USA” or the “Bank”) is the U.S. subsidiary of ICBC with ICBC as the Controlling Shareholder owning 80% shares, East Asia Holding Company, Inc. owning the other 20%. ICBC USA is a national bank chartered by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (the “OCC”). It provides retail and commercial banking services such as deposit-taking, lending, remittances, and settlement. Deposits at ICBC USA are insured by the FDIC. ICBC USA operates three branches in New York City, five branches in the greater Los Angeles area, five branches in the greater San Francisco area, and deposit and loan production offices in Seattle, Washington and Houston, Texas.
In the United States, ICBC has four institutions providing a full suite financial services to consumer, business, and financial institution customers. ICBC’s New York branch (“NYBR”) engages in wholesale deposit-taking, lending, and other banking services primarily for business clients. The NYBR also serves as the U.S. dollar clearing center for ICBC. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Financial Services LLC (“ICBC FS”) primarily provides fixed-income securities clearing and financing services to institutional clients. In 2015, ICBC purchased a 60% controlling interest in Standard Bank Plc, forming ICBC Standard Bank Plc (“ICBC SB”). ICBC SB wholly owns ICBC Standard NY Holdings Inc, a holding company with two regulated subsidiaries operating in the securities, commodities, swaps and foreign exchange markets, ICBC Standard Securities Inc. (“ICBC Securities”), an SEC-registered broker-dealer and member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and ICBC Standard Resources (America) Inc. (“ICBC Resources”), a CFTC-registered introducing broker, commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator and member of the National Futures Association.
2. THE MISSION OF ICBC USA
To Support Local Economic Development
To Create Value for Sino-US Cross-Border Customers
To Promote USD – RMB Exchange
ICBC USA has the mission of promoting the ICBC brand in USA to the image of a global leading bank with the best profitability, performance and prestige. Its goal is to establish itself as a profitable bank focusing on the cross-border niche market between US and China. It aims to do so with its expertise, service capabilities, and an effective branch network in major urban centers. ICBC USA also makes effort to support local community development through offering credits, education and donations to local retail business, households and organizations following Community Reinvestment Act.
With strong management capability and leading technology, ICBC USA will be actively engaged in providing services to consumer, business and institution customers in the areas of deposit taking, lending, remittances, and settlement. As the extension of ICBC Global service network into U.S. market, the Bank will dedicate to become a new bridge for Sino-US trade and economic development and a new platform for bilateral financial exchanges and cooperation.